Gathered against the scenic backdrop of Klagenfurt, Austria, the GLACIATION consortium recently convened for its second General Assembly on September 20th and 21st. Hosted by Lakeside Labs, this gathering provided a platform to reflect on the consortium
The assembly comprised of in-depth discussions on accomplishments, challenges, and meticulous planning for upcoming tasks. Collaboration flourished across various work packages, fostering a sense of unity within the GLACIATION project.
The initial day featured a technical and project management overview, unveiling partnerships with projects like TANGO and MobiSpaces. Kernel architecture, AI-enabled Data Movement Engine, and Protection Techniques took centre stage. Subsequent discussions the next day delved into energy management techniques, the edge-to-cloud platform, and ongoing challenges.
The consortium addressed pressing issues and explored collaborative opportunities, paving the way for the next six months. Key achievements include:
- A questionnaire was crafted to gather information about the three GLACIATION use cases, with user stories and requirements extracted.
- Successful integration of Swarm Orchestration, serving as a strategic advisor for reinforcement decisions and operating as a highly efficient search engine.
- Numerous papers were drafted and presented at conferences, including the "Performance and Energy Savings Trade-Off with Uncertainty-Aware Cloud Workload Forecasting," accepted for presentation at Cloud Edge Continuum (CEC) in Iceland.
- Two videos elucidating GLACIATION Technologies and capabilities were created for social media and dissemination events, offering clear and concise overview of the GLACIATION package of technologies.
- Robust measurement frameworks for collecting power and performance metrics across the GLACIATION platform and energy-aware data management strategies were developed.
The second General Assembly not only allowed the consortium to take stock but also to set the stage for further progress and success. Looking ahead, the consortium eagerly anticipates the next in-person meeting, eager to propel the development of its technological portfolio.